Knox Honister Jacket for Men – The Highest Performance and pinnacle of the Knox Armoured shirt collection – CLASS AAA-RATED Knox Honister jacket.
AAA is the highest class for a motorcycle protective garment and is usually only attained by one- and two-piece leather suits.
The protection fitted is Micro-Lock armour which uses SMART technology. This Micro-Lock armour used in the Knox Honister Jacket is approved to LEVEL 2 EN 1621-1:2012 L2 in the shoulders and elbows and the LEVEL 2 BACK IS APPROVED UNDER EN 1621-2:2014 L2 FB. It can be complemented with an optional chest protector.
KNOX HONISTER MOTORCYCLE JACKET FOR MEN CLASS AAA-RATED.
THE HIGHEST PERFORMANCE AND PINNACLE OF THE KNOX ARMOURED SHIRT COLLECTION
First invented by the brand in the 1990s, Knox armoured shirts and jackets are at the very heart of the Knox collection and the Honister Jacket is the new pinnacle. Wearing a close-fitting armoured shirt is the best way to protect a rider, since the armour is comfortably held in the right place when you need it.
Making the Honister jacket was a tough development journey. It required entirely new strong mesh fabrics, since the goal was to develop the highest Class AAA breathable armoured garment that could be used for warm weather riding, aimed at riders who require the best performance.
Achieving CE approval to Class AAA is no small achievement. AAA is the highest class for a motorcycle protective garment and is usually only attained by one- and two-piece leather suits.
The most discreet, low profile Knox body armour can be found in the Honister armoured shirt.
The shirt is fitted with new Micro-Lock Compact, the most progressive protection from Knox, with advances in all key areas. Up to 60% lighter, thinner and more supple for all day comfort.
Micro-Lock Compact is engineered to move easily with the body when riding and has excellent form recovery.
A patented Flex and Adapt, side closure system, opens and closes naturally and gives uninhibited movement. The closure system also provides unbroken coverage, ensuring the rider remains protected at all times.
The Micro-Lock Compact Level 2 shoulders and elbows are approved to EN 1621-1:2012 L2 and a Level 2 back protector is approved to EN 1621-2: 2014. The protectors are guaranteed for five years when registered.
The Honister Jacket has been designed from the ground up. This includes everything, from the way it is tailored and cut to the way the fabrics perform. Construction has been carefully developed to be as comfortable in the harshest of environments as it would be on a gentle spin in the country. Extra attention to detail completes the style and the AAA qualifying technical CE standard to EN 17092 -2:2020 Class AAA, is highlighted on the jacket.
Developing new mesh fabrics which deliver the ultimate strength and resilience needed has been achieved without losing any breathability. Blending this with the hardest wearing stretch polyamide, riders can be confident in the protective qualities of the Honister Jacket in all environments.
All the zips in the Honister jackets are by YKK. There are two zipped side pockets and one zipped large back pocket.
Detailing continues with discreet Knox branding on the front hem as well as on the back. The new branded badge on the sleeve comes with a reflective surround, complimented by strips which are only visible at night on the back. Thumb loops are found on the cuffs for added security, while an improved security belt loop system is fitted on the inside so that riders can secure their trousers to the jacket. Even the collar has a soft interior for comfort around the neck.
The Honister is available in no fewer than eight sizes from S – 5XL. It’s also part of the Knox Seasonless Collection. With this collection there is no spring, summer, autumn, or winter wear. Instead, riders have one hardworking layered ensemble. This outfit has the armoured shirt at its core. It can then be adapted to suit all weather conditions by either adding or removing layers. The Knox Seasonless Collection is adaptable, sustainable, and protective.
Details & Passform:
- CE approved Class AAA garment under the CE standard EN 17092 -2:2020 Class AAA. The all-important technical CE classification is highlighted on the jacket.
- Made using new mesh fabrics developed for ultimate strength and resilience but with no loss of breathability. The mesh is combined with the most durable, stretch CORDURA® polyamide with high-performance water and stain repellency, for the toughest environments.
- New Micro-Lock Compact armour in the elbow and shoulders. EN1621 – 1 Level 2 Removeable for easy washing.
- New Micro-Lock Compact CE approved Back protector – EN 1621 -2 Level 2. (5-year guarantee on Micro-Lock protectors when registered.)
- A separate removable MICRO-LOCK chest protector can be added as an optional extra.
- YKK zips throughout. 2 Zipped side pockets, 1 zipped large back pocket
- Discreet Knox branding on the front hem and back
- New branded badge on the sleeve with a reflective surround, effective in poor visibility.
- Reflective strips only visible at night are also added on the back.
- Thumb loops for added security
- Improved security belt loop system is highlighted on the inside to ensure riders can secure their trousers to the jacket.
- Collar has a soft interior for comfort around the neck.
- Machine washable garment – remove armour before washing. Always read the wash care labels
- Men’s Sizes S – 5XL (see size guide for details)
- Colour Black
- Sizes S – 5XL
- Part of the Knox Seasonless Collection. Add or subtract layers for added warmth and waterproofness