Inspired by late 40s Sport jackets and revisited with a unique Italian touch, the “Varenne” Whiskey Horsehide represents an authentic garment made of Front Quarter Pull-up Horsehide by Charles F. Stead, one of the oldest tanneries in the UK (since 1890s in Leeds, United Kingdom).
The Front Quarter Pull-up Horsehide by Charles F. Stead is made by selected European Full Grain horse hides tanned with Steads’ traditional garment tannage and finished with a blend of “classic pull-up” waxes. This produces a pure-aniline leather with a Unique Rich character.
Charles F. Stead is a traditional family business established in 1895, remained faithful to the artisanal skills, techniques and know-how that others have forgotten, taking the time to work the leathers in the traditional way. These skills continue to live on in harmony with modern production technologies. Quality leather can never be a commoditized product, with each hide having its own characteristics, and they treat it accordingly.
The metallic zippers are made of antique brass with engraved markings.
The attention to detail makes it a rare and authentic Horse Leather Jacket Hand Made in Italy.
Designed for Bikers, Rockers and Gentlemen.
The name “Varenne” is a tribute to the legendary Italian horse, the best Racer of All Time.
Every Jacket comes in a high quality 100% organic natural cotton Bag, laced with havana rope and with screen printed logo.
- Style: 1940s Sports Jacket
- Fit: tailoring fit
- Weight: heavyweight
- Leather: Front Quarter Full Grain Horsehide in Whiskey color from Charles F. Stead (Leeds, UK)
- Lining: “Desert Sand” color 100% cotton
- Zippers: antique brass with engraved markings
- 3 zipper front Pockets
- 2 inside Pockets with antique brass snap buttons with engraved markings
- Pockets lining in Brown color 100% cotton
- Optional elbow and back Armor Pockets
- Tab-adjustable waist
- Jacquard labels
- Hand Made in Italy
- Designed and tested in Bergamo, Northern Italian Alps